Pasta with Broccoli Balls and Kohlrabi White Sauce / Chocolate Banana Pops
Spring is here! I don`t know how these first two months of the year just passed. It’s already March and this month began beautifully. A few weeks ago, Diana Duca from Disturbingly Delicious invited me to participate on her Sunday Lunch blog section, where she invites, every Sunday, food bloggers with their beautiful stories about Sunday lunch.
I appreciate the initiative to create such a blog section and I’m glad of any action that gives us the opportunity to know and appreciate the work of others. I also enjoy more than you can imagine the fact that after only 4 months of serious blogging, the feedback that I received was consistently positive, and that`s more than enough rewarding for my effort. It’s great to do something with love, and it`s great to have a constant good mood sustained by people who appreciate your work.
For this virtual visit I prepared Pasta with Broccoli Balls and Kohlrabi White Sauce, because I love pasta and I also like vegetables a lot so, this combination was almost inevitable. And because Sunday is not Sunday enough without some dessert, I prepared something very simple, flavorful and healthy to celebrate this beautiful spring days, Chocolate Banana Pops.
So before you go out for a walk because it is a day that deserves such an activity, I invite you to take a peek into Diana’s blog, where you’ll find beautiful recipes!
Pasta with Broccoli Balls and Kohlrabi White Sauce
½ package of pasta
2 cloves of garlic
150 grams Parmesan
250 grams ricotta
250 ml milk
1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary
- Clean the kohlrabi and put them to boil along with broccoli. Add a tablespoon of salt in water. Broccoli will cook faster so that you will take it out before kohlrabi. Cut the boiled broccoli finely, mix it with ricotta cheese, eggs, onion, garlic and finely chopped parsley, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and thyme. Blend composition, form balls, place them on a tray lined with baking paper and bake them on medium heat until lightly browned crust forms on top.
- While the meatballs are in the oven, mix kohlrabi in the blender to get a smooth puree. Put it in a small pot and add the grated Parmesan cheese. Add milk little by little while stirring with whisk. Add salt, pepper and a little rosemary and let it cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring.
- Boil pasta according to the time indicated on the package. Pour the sauce over the pasta, add some broccoli balls and sprinkle a tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese. Simple and delicious!
Chocolate Banana Pops
400 ml coconut milk
2 large bananas
2 tbsp honey
3-4 tbsp chocolate flakes
1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Open the coconut milk can without shaking. You will see that the fat is separated from the liquid (by shaking the liquid mixes). Carefully drain the liquid, so that only the creamy content remains.
- Put the coconut cream into the blender, add the bananas, vanilla and honey. If you want ice cream sweeter, you can add more honey. Mix ingredients then pour the mixture into popsicle molds or in an ice cream machine (if you’re lucky owners of such a device).
- Leave in the freezer for at least 4 hours. After cooling, you can cover the popsicles with chocolate or wrap them in chocolate flakes. A sweet, healthy and extremely simple treat!